Monday, October 31, 2011

Elimination Communication

I get the "what the what?" expression when I tell anyone or they see me practice Elimination Communication with my baby.  But let me tell you, it has been an amazing experience so far for me and my baby.  We've had great bonding time and it has helped me feel more connected to her as we communicate with each other in a way many people have no idea babies can do!

When it is just the two of us at home all morning and afternoon, she goes completely diaper free!  You are thinking... gross!  But here is the deal- she only uses the restroom!  No accidents on me or the floor.. or chairs... or bed... or anywhere!   If you ask me, it is way LESS gross to have her use a toilet than to pee and poo in her diaper where she has to sit in it for who knows how long till someone notices so it can get changed.

I could blog all night about it and how it works, but my blog isn't really about that as much as I am trying to have a single place for pregnant or new parents to go to in order to find information on living simply with a baby.

So I'm directing you to a great website about EC... (that's the hip term for Elimination Communication).

http://ecsimplified.com/about-elimination-communication/

It is by a women named Andrea, and she has written a book on it, gives a 101 overview on her website, she has a blog, gives tons of information, and even has scientific research on it.  I get emails from her once a week that really encourage me and help me out.

I even joined a local EC group here in Austin.  We email each other now and then about success or advice and get together once a month.

I'd say there are still a few kinks I need to work out on it- like what to do when other people are caring for her?  No one else knows when she is communicating her need like I do so she ends up getting frustrated with them.  But I might email Andrea or my support group about this soon.

Wanna try it?  Let me know if you do- I will cheer for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment