Monday, February 6, 2012

Cloth Diapering

I bought 4 flip diaper covers for $13.95 each ($55.95)
(and then with my luck the next week they were by one get one free- oh well)
and then about 35 prefolds at $1. 78 ($62.30)
3 Stay Dry Inserts totaling $12.95
Total cost: $131.20
Added cost: $0.21 per laundry load

Not bad right?  Of course it actually cost me more than $131 because I bought several other diaper methods till I found this one.  If I would have figured it out in the first place it would have only been $131.20 plus about a dollar per month on laundry!  (I wash about once a week- would need to wash more if I wasn't practicing elimination communication)  I hope my findings can help someone skip all the hassle of experimenting and just jump to this system.

A few months ago I did this video on prefolds and I think it is pretty useful if you just prefer using a different type of cover (other companies DO have some designs that are much more cute than Flip but in my opinion not as simple and not one-size).



But this video is my more recent video as I have discovered the simplicity of Flip!

No comments:

Post a Comment