Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sip n See Party


This afternoon I hosted a "Sip N See" for my sister-in-law."  In late December she gave birth to her first daughter, her second child.  She has plenty of baby gear from her 1st who is now about 19 months old and she was given a work shower where she received loads of girly items.  So this party was not about giving the mother and baby gifts but just celebrating the baby girl and mamma.  

Since Sip n See's are a rather new trend in these parts, and we wanted to make sure it was not confused for a "shower" where she'd receive more gifts.  So I thought it would be fun to make crafts at the party!.  Finally, I had an opportunity to try out some of my pinterest pins!  On the invitation I stated we would be doing crafts rather than gifts.  I had hoped this would make it clear that it wasn't a baby shower and it worked.

Before the party, my mother-in-law and I prepared bags of crafts.  Each had the materials needed inside with a note on how to do it.  I marked each bag with a black, purple, or pink bow to say if it was a difficult, medium, or easy craft.  Really none of them were super difficult but people that love crafting might like to do more involved crafts while people who don't could just do the simple glue on a bow type craft.


A plus to having a Sip N See rather than a shower before the baby is 
born is the mamma can enjoy adult beverages!  


Chocolate fondue fountain for desert.


Ladies sippin' and creatin'



A few boxes were set out of random crafty items for people to do a little more than what I put in the bag. 


When a craft was finished the crafter could bring it to the mom and baby.  


Creating a tutu



Even the little guests participate


The whole party with their creations!


This party was a relaxed way for friends and family to see and hold the new baby.


Everything made at the party.



We had a lot of fun, and I think that my sister in law really liked it.  She was hoping to have a stress free get together and that's just what we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment